Thursday, August 13, 2009

Trusting neckline

An interesting little tidbit that came to me the other day…

I was writing an email to my friend, talking about bridesmaids dresses of all things, when I mentioned a strapless dress. Sometimes my mind thinks in Spanish and writes in English. Or vice versa. This was one of those times. As I wrote “strapless” the Spanish word, or phrase in this case, popped into my head.

Palabra de honor

This translates literally to “Word of honor,” but really just means your word. As in “give me your word…” How fitting that such an expression is used to describe the strapless neckline.

2 comments:

JustMe said...

I love that. Translating English to Spanish or vice versa can be sooo colorful!

Anonymous said...

It's because of:
"Palabra de honor que no se me cae..." hahahahhahaha